Child, Adolescent, & Adult Psychiatrist
Chester M. Pierce, MD Division of Global Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital
Instructor in Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School
Chester M. Pierce, MD Division of Global Psychiatry
5 Longfellow Place, Suite 215
Boston, MA 02114
Elizabeth Levey graduated from Stanford University with a BAS in biology and economics. She received her medical degree from the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine. Dr. Levey completed Adult Psychiatry Residency and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship at the Harvard Medical School, combined program at Massachusetts General and McLean Hospitals. She is now a staff psychiatrist at MGH, where she specializes in global mental health research. As a medical student, Dr. Levey received a Doris Duke Clinical Scholars Research Fellowship to study mother-to-child transmission of HIV in Ghana. During her residency, she traveled to Liberia to study trauma and recovery among post-conflict Liberian youth. Dr. Levey currently has a K23 career development award through the NIMH to study perinatal interventions to decrease intergenerational transmission of trauma in resource-limited settings.
Levey EJ, Rondon MB, Sanchez S, Zhong QY, Williams MA, Gelaye B. Suicide risk assessment: examining transitions in suicidal behaviors among pregnant women in Perú. Arch Womens Ment Health. 2019;22(1):65-73. doi:10.1007/s00737-018-0884-4
- Levey EJ, Rondon MB, Sanchez S, Zhong QY, Williams MA, Gelaye B. Suicide risk assessment: examining transitions in suicidal behaviors among pregnant women in Perú. Arch Womens Ment Health. 2018 Jul 3. PubMed PMID: 29971552.
- Levey EJ, Zhong QY, Rondon MB, Sanchez S, Li J, Williams MA, Gelaye B. The psychometric properties of the 16-item version of the Prodromal Questionnaire (PQ-16) as a screening instrument for perinatal psychosis.Arch Womens Ment Health. 2018 Mar 20. PubMed PMID: 29560530.
- Levey EJ, Gelaye B, Koenen K, Zhong QY, Basu A, Rondon MB, Sanchez S, Henderson DC, Williams MA. Trauma exposure and post-traumatic stress disorder in a cohort of pregnant Peruvian women. Arch Womens Ment Health. 2017 Sep 13. PubMed PMID: 28905129.
- Levey E, Gelaye B, Bain P, Rondon MB, Borba CP, Henderson DC, Williams MA. A systematic review of randomized controlled trials of interventions designed to decrease child abuse in high-risk families. Child Abuse Negl. 2017 Jan 19;65:48-57. PubMed PMID: 28110205.
- Levey E, Oppenheim C, Plasky N, Lange B, Harris B, Lekpeh G, Kekulah I, Henderson D, Borba C. “A Qualitative Analysis of Factors Impacting Resilience among Youth in Post-Conflict Liberia.” Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Mental Health, 2016. In press.
- Levey E, Borba C, Harris B, Carney J, Dominguez S, Wang E, Boxill R, Henderson D. “Assessment of the Needs of Vulnerable Youth Populations in Post-Conflict Liberia.” African Journal of Psychiatry, 16(5), 2013.
- Harris B, Levey E, Borba C, Gray D, Carney J, Henderson D. “Substance Use Behaviors of Secondary School Students in Post-conflict Liberia: A Pilot Study.” International Journal of Culture and Mental Health, 5(3); 190-201, 2012.
- Gilliam M, Davis S, Neustadt A, Levey E, “Contraceptive attitudes among inner-city African American female adolescents: Barriers to effective hormonal contraceptive use,” Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, 22(2):97-104, 2009.
- Moorthy LN, Peterson M, Onel K, Baratelli M, Mohan D, Chalom E, Eulie B, Levey E, Harrison M, Vazquez L, Adams A, Macdermott E, Barillas L, Barinstein L, Lehman T, “Simple Measure of the Impact of Lupus Erythematosus in Youngsters (SMILEY)—Development and Validation,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, 52:S1427, 2005.